Sansom Family

Welcome to the Sansom Family Blog. We have enjoyed doing this. My name is Amanda and I am a nurse for a home care agency. I have been an RN for about 7 1/2 years. I am married to a wonderful man named Jason. He is a high school assitant principal. We have one daughter. Her name is Brianna. She is 5 years old. She is starting kindergarten this year. She is such a big girl!

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Halloween


Well, where do I begin about Halloween? I will start with my amazing future dad. He dressed up as a pirate for my step-sisters school. He is so cool!

Next, Brianna wanted to be a butterfly. I could not find a butterfly costume. Fairy, yes, butterfly, no. So, we got the wings, added a black leatard(how do you spell that), black tights, black shoes, and homemade antennas. She was very excited and cute.

We carved a big pumpkin on Sunday night. Bri went to the pumpkin patch on a field trip. She came home from school with a little pumpkin. She insisted that we carve the little pumpkin too. Brianna designed the faces. I think she did a pretty good job.

Okay, next. I got a call on Monday night from a lady from my work. She said "bring food and dress up". So I did. I was Malificent, the witch from Sleeping Beauty. We also had the UTI(urinary tract infection) Team. They were a dodge ball team. It was so funny. One girl was the coach(not shown in the picture). She had the most inappropriately funny costume I have ever seen in my life. It was gross! But still, with my warped since of humor, I thought it was funny. We did not let her talk to any visitors that day. Oh, the food. We had soo much! Everyone grazed all day. They are already talking about next year.

Bri and I were sitting waiting for Jason to get home so we could go trick or treating and our door busts open and in comes Richard Simmons and one of his dancers(Jason's sisters, Traci and Kaci). So funny! Brianna said, "that is NOT my Aunt Kaci." It was great. I laughed until I was crying.

We went trick or treating in our neighborhood. We also took Bri to the church down the road. They had a carnival. She really had a great time. I wish she didn't have to do it alone though. She just has me and Jason. She does ask, on occasion, when she will have a brother or sister. The answer is always the same. "you won't" It just sucks. Anyway, she doesn't seem to care too much.

AT SCHOOL: Again, Bri is terrified of big headed animals and characters. So, who tried to open the car door at her school today? Clifford the big red dog. She crawled in the floor board and was screaming! I jumped out of the car and yelled at Clifford to move back. Who came to the rescue? None other than, The Cat in the Hat! That was not any better. Finally a teacher not dressed up came over. We pulled Brianna out of the car with her screaming and crying. The teacher had to carry her all the way in to the school. She was terrified! So, we ended up holding up the carpool line for about 5 minutes. It was bad.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, My!!! What a Halloween! Sounds like a hoot.

Love, Mom

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brianna you look so pretty in your Butterfly costume! I wish we could have seen you!!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. Alex and Logan had a good time too going door to door. Alex was an Angel and Logan was Spiderman, his favorite super hero.

Love you all,
Auntie B

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I really love this, it is really awesome! Brianna, me and papa thought you made a very beautiful little Butterfly!

Amanda, this is really awesome!! This is a really neat idea!

We love you all bunches,
Grandma & Papa

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home